Puggit Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puggit Minecraft Server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_;

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AnnaMayBelle

Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_; Empty
PostSubject: Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_;   Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_; I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Unfortunately, I'm having some pretty catastrophic issues with the Tekkit launcher. To save time, I'll quote what I posted on TechnicPack's help forum.

Quote :
I just installed the Technic Pack Launcher last night, fully updated it, and launched Tekkit onto the Puggit server (which just became a Tekkit 2.0 server yesterday). I first thought it was odd that it seemed to hang on the Mojang screen for about 15-20sec. Within moments of logging in, my game slowed to a crawl, and soon threw the "Out of Memory" error. I upped my allocated memory from 1gb to 1.5gb, to no change. I rebooted, reinstalled Minecraft and Tekkit 100% fresh, and continued to face the same error. This time, I watched my task manager, and realized my Minecraft installation runs afoul of the 'Out of Memory' error, at only 362mb of usage! It's also using around 30%-40% CPU usage.

I reloaded the launcher and opened Technic SSP instead, started a brand new survival map, and it ran into the same issue moments later. I then launched Vanilla Minecraft through the launcher, and again, the same problem! At this point I became concerned it was either a Java or basic Minecraft issue, so I did a fresh install of Minecraft and ran it directly without use of the launcher, and while it used considerably more memory (over 700mb), it ran as smooth as silk!

The following are my system specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
4gb of ram
AMD Phenom II 3200 Mhz Quad-Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

With any luck, they'll get back to me with some kind of solution, but until then, I'll almost not be on Puggit at all. The laptop can only run it for minutes at a time before overheating. See you soon, I hope!
Back to top Go down
brycecot
brycecot

PostSubject: Re: Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_;   Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_; I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:16 pm

AnnaMayBelle wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm having some pretty catastrophic issues with the Tekkit launcher. To save time, I'll quote what I posted on TechnicPack's help forum.

Quote :
I just installed the Technic Pack Launcher last night, fully updated it, and launched Tekkit onto the Puggit server (which just became a Tekkit 2.0 server yesterday). I first thought it was odd that it seemed to hang on the Mojang screen for about 15-20sec. Within moments of logging in, my game slowed to a crawl, and soon threw the "Out of Memory" error. I upped my allocated memory from 1gb to 1.5gb, to no change. I rebooted, reinstalled Minecraft and Tekkit 100% fresh, and continued to face the same error. This time, I watched my task manager, and realized my Minecraft installation runs afoul of the 'Out of Memory' error, at only 362mb of usage! It's also using around 30%-40% CPU usage.

I reloaded the launcher and opened Technic SSP instead, started a brand new survival map, and it ran into the same issue moments later. I then launched Vanilla Minecraft through the launcher, and again, the same problem! At this point I became concerned it was either a Java or basic Minecraft issue, so I did a fresh install of Minecraft and ran it directly without use of the launcher, and while it used considerably more memory (over 700mb), it ran as smooth as silk!

The following are my system specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
4gb of ram
AMD Phenom II 3200 Mhz Quad-Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

With any luck, they'll get back to me with some kind of solution, but until then, I'll almost not be on Puggit at all. The laptop can only run it for minutes at a time before overheating. See you soon, I hope!
Sorry to hear about the issues, hope it gets worked out soon. If it makes you feel better a lot of people are having issues with tekkit launcher and just 2.0 itself.
Back to top Go down
Fynmar

PostSubject: Re: Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_;   Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_; I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:10 am

You ever tried this?

Quote :
You can change the allocated memory in the Java section of your control panel to increase it

1. Start
2. Control Panel
3. Java icon
4. Java Tab
5. Click on view
6. Under parameters add "xmx512m" (without the quotes)
7. You can change the 512 to whatever you want the allocated memory to be

I set mine to 4G Laughing
Back to top Go down
AnnaMayBelle

PostSubject: Re: Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_;   Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_; I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:25 am

I haven't yet, but one of my biggest concerns is that Minecraft isn't even passing 400mb of ram usage before it throws the error, when I have 1.5gig allocated.
Back to top Go down
AnnaMayBelle

PostSubject: Re: Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_;   Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_; I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 pm

After several days of fumbling with it, I finally just screamed, tore out a chunk of hair, and nuked both of my Java installations as well as any trace of Minecraft or TechnicPack off of my computer, then reinstalled it all fresh. While reinstalling pieces at a time did nothing for me, the solid wipe seems to have fixed it. Now it works fine. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_;   Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_; I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seeya Soon... I Hope ;_;
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Puggit Minecraft Server :: Minecraft :: General-
Jump to: